I'm almost scared to say it for fear I might jinx myself, but I think everyone in our house is finally well! The last few weeks were every Mom's worst nightmare. First, Nate came down with the virus/flu that seems to have been going around. He had a fever for 7 days straight and was quite irritable, to say the least! His fever finally went away (the grumpiness hung on a few days longer) and then Bryan started complaining of a sore throat. Within a few days Bryan had a fever. Luckily, he recovered a little more quickly than Nate. Sam and I seemed to have come through the whole thing pretty unscathed. Hopefully, we are done with being sick for a good long time.
So now things are back to business as usual around here. Nate is back to talking non-stop, and has recently learned to count to 10 in Spanish. I didn't teach him that, so I can only assume he learned it from his good buddy Dora the Explorer. Sammy is always on the move now. He crawls all over the house, getting into mischief. He has recently discovered the toilet paper roll in the bathroom and the dog's food and water bowls. If I turn my back for a minute, I will usually return to find a pile of toilet paper on the bathroom floor, a puddle of water around the dog bowl, and a few pieces of dog food tucked away in Sam's cheeks.
Here are a few pictures of the kids!
Here is Sam in the high chair, ready for something to eat, as usual.
Nate, either wearing Bryan's helmet or turning into a Storm Trooper.
This is Sam in the Diaper Derby at the Almond Blossom Festival. Unfortunately, this is as far as he went in the race.
1 comment:
I loved the Almond Blossom Festival growing up. It was such a neat time in Ripon. Remember the year that Bush came? I think Chuck Norris was there as well. Who needs the CIA when he was around.
Post a Comment